I really enjoy being able to see how peoples’ search terms lead them to my blog.
Some of them are obvious, like a search for “if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry christmas meaning” leading to my post about Rob Bell’s Love Wins, which has that saying as a semi-sarcastic title. People have also searched for “give me an occupation miss dashwood or i shall run mad,” which is not only a quote from Sense and Sensibility, but one that I used as a post title.
In no particular order, here are my 10 favorite nonsensical Internet searches that apparently led people to this blog at one time or another.
1. i’m awkward and 24 years old
(Hate to tell you, kid, but it don’t get any better at 26—just go with it)
2. teen fanfiction about teachers
(I call this “my favorite” in that it is “my favorite way to be immediately disturbed”)
3. potencial tur
(To quote Jack Skellington, “What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN???”)
4. governess he has a limp romance novels
(A male governess with a limp? Sounds like an awesome story!)
(I know, right???)
6. whu am i
(You’re not a spelling-bee winner, that’s for sure)
7. sherlock holmes peanut butter
(The thing with this one, I know why it led to my blog. But why would you search for it in the first place???)
8. the phantom of the opera hears a voice christen has come back she chose him they move into a small cottoge
(I think this one speaks for itself)
9. attractive men in historical costume
(Not really nonsensical—I’d look for them, too)
10. A TIE: types of execution in olden times vs. conversations with prostitutes
(These particular terms aren’t funny in themselves, but I’m delighted that they somehow led people to this blog)