Here are some of the most frequent questions I get about freelance writing.
For pricing information, see my freelance writing project rates page.
Don’t see the answer you want? Just ask! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ready to talk about a project? Go to my Calendly page to schedule a phone call at a time that works for you!
1. How do we start collaborating?
First, we’ll schedule a brief meeting. I can do phone, Skype, Zoom, or (depending on location) in person. Feel free to visit my Calendly page to set up a chat at a time that works for you!
I’ll get some information about your project, such as:
- What is the project? How big is it (word count, pages)?
- What is your goal for this project? How will it be used?
- When is the deadline?
- What is the budget for this project?
- Who should be my main contact?
- Is this a long-term need? Would a retainer be suitable?
- Are interviews/other research necessary?
- Does the author receive a byline, or is this a ghostwriting project?
This information will allow me to offer a quote for the project (or a retainer fee). Once we agree on price, and the project timeline, we can draft a contract. Once we both sign the contract and the deposit is made, we’ll be in business!
2. Do you have experience in ______?
Healthcare, legal, energy, security, and business and marketing topics are some of the topics I’m most experienced in.
Not one of your industries? No worries! I’m a seasoned researcher. Give me a day in a library and wifi, and I’ll tackle anything you’ve got in mind.
Contact me with information about your project (refer to the questions in #1 above) for your free quote or to set up a free, no-obligation 15-minute chat about your content and copy needs.
Have a project in mind? Go to my Calendly page to schedule a call at a time that works for you!