Here are some of the most frequent questions I get about freelance writing.
Don’t see the answer you want? Just ask! Email me at email@example.com!
1. How does this work? How do we start collaborating?
Interested in my writing services?
The first step is to schedule a brief meeting. We can do this …
- By phone
- Over Skype
- In person (if we are both located in the Toledo/Detroit metro area)
I’ll ask questions and get some information about your project, such as:
- What is the project? How big is it (word count, pages)?
- What is your goal for this project? How will it be used?
- When is your deadline?
- What is your budget for this project?
- Who should be my main contact?
- Is this a long-term need? Would a retainer be suitable?
- Are interviews necessary?
- Who will retain the long-term rights to the finished product?
This information will allow me to offer a quote for the project (or a retainer fee). Once we agree on price, and the project timeline, I will draft a contract. (If you already have a contract you use for freelancers, let me know.) Please note that most of my projects will require a deposit of 50% up front.
Once we both sign the contract and I have the deposit, we’ll be in business!
2. Do you have experience in ______?
Healthcare is my primary niche. Some specific topics include mental health, pharmaceuticals, urgent care, life sciences/genomics, pediatrics, nutrition, diabetes, and veterinary care.
Outside of healthcare, I have also written about the following topics at one time or another:
- Food (Including local foods and restaurants)
- Consumer Lending
- Security (homeland, workplace, and cybersecurity)
If your topic doesn’t fall within the above categories, don’t worry–I’m a seasoned researcher! Give me a day on the Internet, and I can tackle any topic you’ve got in mind!
3. What are your rates?
I charge by the project, and so my rate will depend on a number of factors: type of project, estimated word count, deadline, and so on. Projects start at $0.10 per word, and blog posts start at $50.
This means accuracy and transparency for you! When we agree to a contract and start working together, you will know exactly how much the project will cost–no “guesstimates,” no surprises.
Get a free quote! Just send me an email describing your project (including the details mentioned above), and we’ll go from there.