I want to make sure all your questions are answered. Below you’ll find a few of the most frequent questions I’m asked. If you don’t see your answer here, please email me directly and ask for more info!
1. “How do we get started?”
First, we’ll schedule a brief meeting. I can do phone, Skype, Zoom, or (depending on location) in person. Once you email me directly or connect on LinkedIn, we can set up a chat at a time that works for you!
I’ll get some information about your project, such as:
- What is the project? How big is it (word count, pages)?
- What is your goal for this project? How will it be used?
- When is your deadline?
- What is your budget for this project?
- Who should be my main contact?
- Is this a long-term need? Would a retainer be suitable?
- Are interviews/other research necessary?
- Does the author receive a byline, or is this a ghostwriting project?
This information will allow me to offer a quote for the project (or a retainer fee). Once we agree on price, and the project timeline, we can draft a contract. Once we both sign the contract and the deposit is made, we’ll be in business!
2. “What are your rates for marketing content and copywriting?”
I generally charge per project, so rates will vary by the type of product, deadline, and the word count. This means better accuracy and transparency, and easier budgeting for you!
Below are my estimated rates for a few types of projects.
Please note that these rates are negotiable. Projects will be quoted individually. Most projects will require a deposit of 50% up front for new clients.
- Blog post: Starts at $149 per 500 words (1-2 pages), depending on topic and amount of research requested
- Website Copy: Starts at $149 per web page, depending on word count & complexity
- Press Release: Starts at $149 per page, additional $49 per person interviewed
- Case Study: Starts at $299 per page, per person interviewed
- White Paper/Special Report/eBook: Starts at $699, depending on length & complexity
For other projects and add-ons, such as newsletters or email campaigns, contact me with what you have in mind and I can provide a quote.
3. “What is included in these rates?”
- Background reading and research, including interviews (if applicable)
- SEO optimization for titles, subheadings, and content
- One social-media optimized post to link to the project (if applicable)
- Quality written content
- Up to two rounds of revisions as needed
- Rights to the final product
- Any phone calls/emails related to the project
- Working with a creative, analytical problem-solver with 10+ years of professional writing experience!
4. “Do you have experience in ______?”
Within the overall topic of healthcare, I have covered numerous specialties, including:
- Health IT
- Health HR
- Behavioral and mental health
- Addiction treatment
- Senior care
- Laboratory products and medical devices
Don’t see your specialty? No worries! I’m a seasoned researcher. Give me a day in a library and some wifi, and I’ll tackle anything you’ve got in mind.
5. “What is your process for accomplishing projects?”
Every client, and every client’s project, is different, so I don’t have a set-in-stone approach for the projects I work on. However, there is a general process I have, once we’ve decided we’re a good fit for each other and want to collaborate.
- Create a project proposal and/or freelance agreement (including an NDA, if desired).
- Set a deadline for the initial draft.
- Client provides any resources, interview notes, or other materials for me to use for the chosen project. If the project is to include interviews, it can speed up the process if you do an e-mail introduction between me and the person(s) to be interviewed.
- I’ll work on the first draft of the project, including scheduling and conducting interviews. (If you want a draft outline and we haven’t created one yet, I’ll do so at this point.) I may contact you with additional questions.
- I’ll send you a first draft for review/editing.
- If you’re happy with this first draft, wonderful! If not, we’ll discuss what changes need to be made, and repeat steps 4-6.
- Most of my clients handle their own content posting, publishing, and sharing. If you need additional support at this stage, we can discuss that, too.
6. “What information do you need from me?”
You deserve to work with a copywriter who understands your needs and respects your time and budget. For a more accurate quote and estimated completion time, please provide the following information about your project:
- Type of project and estimated length
- Anticipated deadline
- If interviews are needed
- Goals for the project and content
- Intended audience
- Examples of similar projects you would like to emulate (or avoid!)
- Other relevant information about your organization, specialty, or industry
Let’s get started on your next content project!
Make your content marketing dreams come true! Contact me with information about your project for your free quote or to set up a free, no-obligation 15-30 minute chat about your content needs.